Evonik Privacy Statement
Start-up Competition Project
We, Evonik Taiwan, Ltd. ("Evonik"), respect and are committed to protecting your privacy and personal data. In this privacy statement, (the “Statement”), we explain the details of how we will handle your personal data when you, or you join a team to, participate in a start-up competition project (the "Project") that we hold. Please read this Statement carefully.
1. In the course of your participation in the Project, we will collect your personal data for the purpose of holding, operating, and managing the Project (including without limitation to confirming the eligibility of the team members, notifying the team of the Project information, arranging for the workshop process, online promotion and advertising in relation to the Project, and the business lines/venture capital interactions, etc.), as well as contacting you about any potential opportunity in the future after the Project is concluded.
2. We will collect, process, and/or use your name, age, contact information (such as postal address, telephone number, email address, instant messenger account or social media account, etc.), educational background, professional skills or qualifications. The data will be collected, processed and used in good faith, on the basis of respecting your rights and interests, and in accordance with the provisions of and the principles set forth in the Personal Data Protection Act of Taiwan.
3. We will collect the personal data necessary to conducting the above activities and such data will be processed or used during the existence of the aforesaid purposes. In this regard, we will need to transmit, process and use your personal data within and outside Taiwan, including forwarding your information to an offshore Evonik entity, the professional mentors, coaches, or judges assisting us in managing the Project, and/or the third parties engaged by Evonik to hold the Project. We will use your personal data either via traditional physical manner or electronic means.
4. During our retention of your personal data, you may exercise the following rights by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will handle your request pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act and the other relevant laws and regulations:
(1) Enquire or request to view your own personal data;
(2) Request to make a copy of your own personal data;
(3) Request to supplement or correct your own personal data;
(4) Request to stop the collection, processing or use of your own personal data; and/or
(5) Request to delete your own personal data.
5. If you or your team is unable to provide us with the relevant information as requested, we may not be able to process your or your team's enrollment into the Project or determine whether you or your team shall be eligible to any award offered in the Project.