2021-12-14 Setting course for the future
Innovations and a systematic alignment to specialty chemicals play a key role in our drive to be the best-in-class specialty chemicals company. In view of this, we have taken an important step to pave the way for the future: In 2016, we restructured our innovation portfolio to focus on six growth fields, which are assigned to our growth engines in highly attractive markets with above-average growth rates.
The aim is to generate more than € 1 billion in additional sales in these areas by 2025. The six growth fields focus on highly attractive markets which Evonik can optimally serve with new products and solutions based on its core competencies. The six growth fields are:
- Sustainable Nutrition: Establishing additional products and services for sustainable nutrition of livestock and people
- Healthcare Solutions: Developing new materials for implants, as components of cell culture media, and for custom-tailored, innovative drug formulations
- Creating a portfolio of health-enhancing substances and nutritional supplements as a contribution to healthy nutrition
- Membranes: Extending SEPURAN technology for efficient gas separation to further applications
- Cosmetic Solutions: Developing further products based on natural sources for cosmetics and sensorially optimized formulations for skin care products
- Additive Manufacturing: Developing products and technologies for additive manufacturing, electronic applications, and thermal insulation systems
Nutrition & Care
The Nutrition & Care segment produces specialty chemicals, principally for use in consumer goods for daily needs, and in animal nutrition and healthcare products.
Resource Efficiency segment supplies high-performance materials for environment-friendly and energy-efficient systems to the automotive, paints, coatings, adhesives, construction industries and many other sectors.
The heart of the Performance Materials segment is the production of polymer materials and intermediates, mainly for the rubber, plastics and agriculture industries.